Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Week Eight

Hello.
Hopefully everyone had a wonderful spring break. This week we worked on gram staining the second set of plastic samples. These are the samples that were collected in February. We're doing this in order to gather sufficient data to identify the bacteria living on the plastics. With so much gram staining, I think it's safe to say that I'm experienced by now.
Thankfully, today I finished staining the last two plates and we can move on to looking at the slides under the microscope. I'm kinda glad this week is over, I'm looking forward to performing other test to identify our bacteria. (other than gram staining, ofcourse :P)
Gram stain slide for Plastic #6 (Polystyrene), plate 2, plastic piece 4.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! I really enjoyed reading your post. It's funny how you're ready to move on from gram staining haha. I know it seems like an easy and tedious test but, which you may or may not have been told, it does help you practice your technique! Even with future tests, you'll become experienced with them the more practice. Nonetheless, I'm happy to hear that you have become comfortable with gram staining! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your spring break was great too. I think you are more than experienced if you spent a week gram staining ha ha. Did a certain bacteria show up more often on the samples? Good luck on your project. I cannot  wait to see more cool updates from you and your group.

    ReplyDelete