Pages

Monday, February 4, 2019

Week One

Week one was an interesting and productive one. So far, I've familiarized myself with the labs in the Dalby building and I completed all the Responsible Conduct of Research courses. This includes 11 modules going over data management, collaborative research and conflict of interest, among other topics. I've also met different members of the program. I was able to gain some insight into their research and experiences.
 
After talking to Luisa and Cathy, I found that their research project interested me the most. I find microbiology interesting as well as the effects that small organisms can have on a macro level. So I decided to focus my research project with them. 
I even got started on helping them with gram staining. It was a tedious process. But it's a new skill that I've gained. I'm thankful for being in the STEM program and I look forward to learning a lot more in the following weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment