Pages

Friday, March 26, 2021

 Hello everyone,

I hope you’re all doing well! 

There are a couple of reflective questions to answer for this blogpost.


Collage of those who have helped me get to where I am today.
Those who have encouraged me 💗
When asked about the person who helped me get to where I am today, I think of people and not a person. It’s my family. They have all been there for me in various ways. Not financially or through guidance, but just by their words of encouragement. I’m a first generation college student and the daughter of immigrants. So it’s been difficult to pave a path through academia. Figuring out how to enroll in college, pay for college, and be successful in my studies, I’ve learned through trial and error. Along the way, as I struggled, my family was always there to simply say, “si se puede” and “lucha por tus sueños”. Or, you can do it and fight for your dreams. Now before every test, during long hours of writing, or studying, their words echo in my mind. 

I am eternally grateful for them. 


When thinking about the advice I would give to my younger self. I would say stop worrying about the future. I know it’s good to have a plan and goals to strive for. But my thoughts and actions would almost always be directed towards the future. I would worry about things that haven’t happened yet or would think about what’s next. So, I wouldn’t live in the moment and enjoy the little things.

I would tell my younger self to be present when with family, friends, travelling, hiking, or just sitting down enjoying a coffee. It’s important to take time for yourself and be present in the moment.






No comments:

Post a Comment