Pages

Friday, April 9, 2021

Three years

Three years ago… I knew biology was an extensive field that involved an understanding for how organisms function. It’s the study of life. 🌱

I was certain this field would be fulfilling for me because I always wondered about the things around me. I’d look at trees and wondered what it was that made them grow tall. Or why my little brother had so much energy. These may seem obvious to answer now, but a few years ago I had no idea. I knew plants were complex, but not that they, (like us) are part of a multicellular taxa called eukaryotes. I also knew my little brother ate, so he had energy but I never imagined that our bodies used bioenergetic processes to generate ATP. Over time I’ve collected tidbits of knowledge that have allowed me to better understand my surroundings. Now every time I see a tree or my brother filled with energy I have a “wow” moment because I understand and appreciate the science behind it.

In three years… I would like to learn how to mountain climb. This is a personal goal that I’ve been thinking about for a while. I enjoy hiking in the mountains, especially reaching high peaks. But now I think I’m ready to try something new. I’ve watched people mountain climb before and it seems like an exhilarating experience. I’ll probably start by going indoor climbing. I think the best way would be by joining a community of mountain climbers. This way they can teach me, give me tips, and it can become an enjoyable + safe experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment