Pages

Friday, April 23, 2021

Future goals

    It’s difficult to describe the position or job title I hope to be working in for the future. I don’t have a definite career goal. But I do have an idea of where I’d like to be. In a year I would like to have a job in the science field. Whether it's in research or a lab, I hope to be using the skills I’ve gained throughout my undergrad. In five years, I hope I would have decided on going to graduate school, either for a master's or Ph.D. And hopefully, in ten years I’ll be working at a job in research. When I imagine what that would look like I think of myself in a lab, looking over data, or walking through a field site collecting data. I hope to do meaningful research that can lead to public education that way we can be a more informed community.

    I think the biggest societal challenge will be climate change. I feel like most of the climate change issues are getting out of our control. Our way of life is affecting the environment and there’s no sign of it stopping anytime soon. I’m certain this will have negative impacts for generations ahead. I'd like to work on projects that will help better our environment and positively impact the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment