Pages

Friday, November 5, 2021

Student Experiences

 Hello everyone,

Today I'll be thinking about the ways my student experiences can be translated to skills that I can use in the future. From these experiences, I can think of three that will help me later on.

  1. In a career course at ASU, I learned all about the growth mindset. There were differences between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset that I was was able to identify. For example, under a fixed mindset, I would think that my potential was already predetermined. That I can practice and get a bit better but there were set limitations to how far I can push my potential. I'm glad I was able to learn about the growth mindset because I can embrace and overcome challenges as well as finding lessons and ways to improve.
  2. Over the summer I participated in an REU opportunity. This experience taught me about responsible conduct of research. I was a bit surprised that I had not learned about this or ethics in the sciences. A lot of the ethical questions and scenarios appeared to be somewhat common sense, but there were some serious dilemmas that the class would have long discussions over. This opportunity helped me gain RCR skills that will help me in the future.
  3. When I started doing research through TRAIN at Phoenix College, a whole new world opened up for me. There are so many skills that can be learned from lab experiences and I consider myself fortunate enough to learn them. Thanks to TRAIN, I feel comfortable in a lab setting, designing an experiment, presenting research, and working through data. I know there's still a lot to learn but I'm happy to say that I feel confident and happy doing research. I believe these experiences will have an immense impact on my future career!

No comments:

Post a Comment